Thursday, December 1, 2016

Review: Broadway Nails Hard as Gell in Gatsby and Take Me #HappyDecember #HolidayNails

So  I bought these polishes last night at a local dollar store. I really liked the colors when I saw them, and I had been looking for good Christmas colors for a while, so I was pretty excited.


BROADWAY NAILS GEL STRONG NAIL POLISH
IN TAKE ME

This is a nice red that goes on semi opaque. I used two coats to achieve full opaqueness. It dried somewhat slowly and with a couple small bubbles here and there. Over all, this is a pretty basic, low cost nail polish. Not bad for the price. 3 stars.



BROADWAY NAILS GEL STRONG NAIL POLISH
QUICK DRY TOP COAT
I was a little less pleased with the quick dry top coat. Although it went on smooth and had a nice consistency, it did not dry as quickly as some other brands I’ve tried. But, it was very shiny and didn’t take a very long time to dry, so I give it 3 stars.


BROADWAY NAILS GEL STRONG NAIL POLISH
IN GATSBY
 I really loved the shimmer in this shade. It’s very sheer and required three - four coats to reach opacity, but once the desired opacity was reached I just fell in love with it! I’m a sucker for shimmer. I give it 4 stars.



BROADWAY NAILS GEL STRONG NAIL POLISH
IN TAKE ME AND GATSBY
 I’m planning on trying this design over again once I’ve had a little more practice with the stamping plates. The red worked well as my stamping shade. I did try it with the two colors reversed, but the green was just too sheer to make a clear stamp. 

Over all I think I nailed it for the Holiday Nail Look.

What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment